- Renovations designed by Diamond + Schmitt Architects have received several awards in recent years:
In February 2010:
- The Ontario Library Association (OLA) selected the Gerstein Reading Room for an OLA Library Building Award which was presented at the Assocation's Superconference. The reading room was featured on the cover of v. 16, no. 1(Winter 2) issue of OLA's Access magazine.
In October 2009:
- The Gerstein Reading Room received honourable mention in the competition for the William Greer Prize for renovation excellence. Sponsored by Heritage Toronto, the Greer Prize honours "projects that have restored or adpated buildings or structures that have been in existence for forty years or more. In addition to the quality of craftsmanship, appropriateness of materials, and the use of sound conservation principles, the jury considers how well the project meets current needs while maintaining the integrity of the original design vision."
In 2004, the Morrison Pavilion was awarded:
- The Ontario Library Association Prize for Best New Academic Library Building
- The Ontario Association of Architects Architectural Excellence Award
The heritage wing of the Gerstein Science Information Centre is designated under the Ontario heritage Act and is on the City of Toronto's list of heritage properties.