The Curbside Pickup service will be temporarily suspended - the last day to request items is 5pm, Tues Apr 20 and the last day to pick up from Robarts Library is Fri Apr 23
Jan 11, 2021 update:
Curbside Pickup Service
Several libraries now offer a Curbside Pickup Service for print books not available through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS). Students, faculty and staff are eligible to use this service.
Currently, the service provides access to books housed in these participating library locations, including Gerstein.
You can now request a book from Gerstein's stacks, to be picked up later at Robarts Library.
Only books from the stack collection that are not already available via the ETAS are eligible.
The Curbside Pickup Service does not include course reserves, government publications, reference materials, or uncatalogued items
How to make a request:
- Find your book(s) in the library catalogue.
- In the catalogue record, click the Get Help button and follow the prompts.
- If an electronic copy of the book is available via the HathiTrust ETAS, you will be provided with a link to the ETAS.
- If not, continue to follow the prompts to place your curbside pickup request.
- You will receive an automated message to let you know when your request has been received. Staff will check the shelf for your requested book(s) and send a message about any requested book(s) that are not available.
- Wait for a final e-mail providing instructions for where and when to pick up your item(s).
Picking up your books:
The Robarts Library Curbside Pickup Service is located at the St. George entrance at Harbord (Fisher Library side). When you arrive, please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Enter through the revolving doors.
- Step 2: Show your TCard to library staff from the marked distance.
- Step 3: Collect your books, which will be packaged in a paper bag labelled with your name.
- Step 4: Exit through the Harbord-side revolving doors.
Health and safety measures:
The health and safety of our staff and library users is our highest priority. To make curbside pickup as safe as possible, we have implemented the following measures:
- Self-assessment signs will be posted at the entrance.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance and exit.
- We encourage everyone using the curbside pickup service to wear a mask.
- Physical distancing will be facilitated by decals on the ground indicating 2 metre spacing between people.
- Traffic will be one-way, with a dedicated entrance and a dedicated exit.
- Requesters will be provided with a half-hour appointment window to help ensure a limited number of people using the service at one time. Only three people will be permitted into the building at a time to pick up their books.
- Staff will be provided masks. Staff at the pickup location will be protected by a plexiglass barrier.
- Pickup will be contactless. Show your TCard to staff from a safe distance and pick up your labelled bag of books.
Questions? Please check the Curbside Pickup Service FAQ.