July 19 update:
The ECRI Institute will continue to provide access to NGC, and have plans to launch an interim website in Fall 2019. In the meantime, please refer to the guidelines resources listed below, and watch this space for updates - more information about the new website available here: https://www.ecri.org/press/Pages/ECRI_Guideline_Website.aspx
Please note that the National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC) website will be permanently unavailable beginning July 16, 2018, due to loss of federal funding for this U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) resource.
As this repository of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines has been a valuable resource for health professionals, please take note of the following resources, so you can still access the information you need to provide quality patient care.
This Practice Guidelines section in our Medicine research guide links to general practice and specialty guidelines, including the following:
- Conduct a search on the specific condition of interest > Click on "Limits" tab > under "Publication Types", click on "Practice Guideline”. This will limit every subsequent search to practice guidelines, therefore, remember to remove the limit if no longer searching for guidelines
- Conduct a search on the specific condition of interest > click on “More Limits > scroll down to "Publication Types" > select "Practice Guideline" > click on “Limit a search”. Note: the limit applies to the last search, unless otherwise specified
- Search using the subject heading "Practice Guideline"
- Scroll down to the Search Options > Scroll down to "Publication Types" > select "Practice Guidelines" > Conduct a search on the specific condition of interest. Note: the limit applies to the last search, unless otherwise specified
- Select a specific monograph on the topic (e.g. Asthma in adults and adolescents), scroll down in the Topic outline on the left, and click on the Guidelines and Resources section.
- Select a specific monograph on the topic (e.g. An overview of asthma management), scroll down in the Topic outline on the left, and click on the Society Guideline Links section.
- Use the "Guidelines" bars in green on the right to see practice guidelines from around the world
- Either use Basic or Advanced Search, or browse by “Conditions”, “Specialties”, “Recent Additions”
- Either use Search function or browse by “Conditions and diseases”, “Health Protection”, Lifestyle and wellbeing”, “Population groups”, “Service delivery, organisation and staffing”, or “Settings”