Gerstein Science Information Centre provides access to computers and wifi, printers, photocopiers and scanners, as well as a dedicated Instruction Lab and mobile application development lab (MADLab).
For more information on technology loans, 3D printing and VR services, please see our Technology Services page.
Computers and wi-fi
There are 108 computers with Microsoft Office, web browser, NVivo, Zoom, and updated accessibility software available throughout the library for student, staff, and faculty use.
Use our computer finder to view their availability in real-time and exact locations in the building.
- Seated and standing computer workstations (accessible to U of T students, staff and faculty; UTORid login required)
- 5 LIRA public access terminals, one of which is wheelchair accessible (LIRA terminals are available for public use with a guest pass, which can be obtained from the LIRA kiosk on site. Valid government ID or credit card required). Note: Please check our Hours and Location page before coming to campus.
- 1 dedicated workstation for searching the library catalogue
Note: Wi-fi access is available to current students, staff, and faculty throughout Gerstein. UTORid sign-in required. How to configure wi-fi on your device.
Cost: $0.15 per side (b/w), $1.00 per side (colour). Printing is double-sided by default
- 1 black/white on main floor, Wallace Room
- 1 black/white on main floor lobby
- 1 colour on main floor lobby
Cost: $0.10/page. Photocopiers only accept TCards or visitor printing cards as payment
Location: 1 on main floor lobby
Scan to a USB flash drive
- 1 in Short Term Loan area
- 2 in main floor lobby
Location: Morrison Pavilion, second floor
- 19 PC workstations
- 1 presenter workstation
- 1 projector
- 1 microphone
- Web conferencing available
- Accessibility: Back row of workstations are accessible by wheelchair
- Capacity: 38 people
- Reserved for instruction sessions only
Location: Room B112 (south end), 1 Below, Heritage Wing
For more information, please visit the MADLab website.