Last update: May 3, 2021
Technology Access Service
Beginning May 3, we will partially reopen to provide access to wifi and computers at the Gerstein Science Information Centre, for students who do not have these resources and have a critical need for them for their research and academic work.
All in-person library services will remain closed. All other areas of Gerstein and its collections, except for washroom facilities, will remain closed.
How does the service work?
- U of T students with a valid UTORid are eligible to use the service
- Seats can be booked up to 24 hours in advance for a 3-hour period (9-12 or 1-4, Monday to Friday)
- The service is by appointment only - the online booking system will open April 30
- A limited number of library computer seats or a bring-your-own-device seats are available
- Wallace Room, main floor (the large reading room on the north side)
- Computer area, main floor (adjacent to the Wallace Room, right side of the main entrance)
Printers & scanners are available to use (please bring your own USB key to save files from scanners).
All other areas of Gerstein and its collections, except for washroom facilities, will remain closed. In-person library services will also remain closed at this time.
Everyone on site will be expected to follow all instructions on physical distancing and other COVID-19 protocols.