Some in-person help is available at our reopened Public Service Desk during the 2021/2022 academic year.
For immediate online help, check out our new Virtual Help Desk, a live one-on-one drop-in service with Gerstein staff
- basic health sciences research questions
- quick questions on finding books or articles
Hours for services listed below may vary - please consult our Hours page for availability and holiday closures.
- Find sources about a topic
- Find a specific article or book
- Use library tools effectively
- More about Ask A Librarian Chat
Email your questions to: ask.gerstein[at]utoronto.ca
- research questions
- finding journal articles
- citation management software
- citation metrics & impact factors
- open access
- and much more
Note: You will receive a reply in 1-2 business days.
To schedule a consultation: Consultation Request Form
- Available online (In-person consultations are not available during the 2021/2022 academic year)
- Meet with a librarian to discuss research questions and search strategies
- Open to all current U of T students, staff, and faculty
- Not affiliated with U of T? Consult these services instead
Note: You will confirmation of receipt of your email in 1-2 business days. Wait times for consultations may be up to 1-3 weeks during busy periods.
- a) Systematic/scoping reviews that are course, assignment, or degree-related: Consultation Service
- b) Systematic/scoping or other types of reviews (non-course/degree-related) - for more about our service, see Systematic & Scoping Review Collaboration
Getting started? Consult our Systematic Reviews Guide.