Our Public Service Desk is open during library hours to assist with your basic health sciences research questions, as well as help finding books and articles.
For immediate online help, check out our Virtual Help Desk, a live one-on-one chat service staffed by Gerstein research support.
Hours for services listed below may vary - please consult the links below for more information.
- Find sources about a topic
- Find a specific article or book
- Use library tools effectively
- More about Ask A Librarian Chat
Email your questions to: ask.gerstein[at]utoronto.ca
- research questions
- finding journal articles
- citation management software
- citation metrics & impact factors
- open access
- and much more
Note: You will receive a reply in 1-2 business days.
To schedule a consultation: Consultation Request Form
- Available online
- Meet with a librarian to discuss research questions and search strategies
- Open to all current U of T students, staff, and faculty
Note: You will get confirmation of receipt of your email in 1-2 business days. Wait times for consultations may be up to 1-3 weeks during busy periods.
a) Systematic/scoping reviews that are course, assignment, or degree-related:
b) Systematic/scoping or other types of reviews (non-course/degree-related):
- Submit an application to our Systematic & Scoping Review Collaboration
Getting started? Consult our Systematic Reviews Guide.
Not affiliated with U of T? Consult these other literature seaching services instead